Monday, December 12, 2011

SAKI, Mission Accomplished!

Thank you to all my family, friends and colleagues that attended the SAKI THE KILLER screenings. It was truly encouraging to see and hear your reactions as you came out of the theater. There was a lot of positive feedback and I felt it was a big "Mission Accomplished" in terms of creating a movie that entertained and catalyzed interesting conversations. My dad was pretty excited after watching SAKI which was important to me because, for the most part, I grew up watching movies with him. While a movie like TAKAMINE I did more for my mom, SAKI is a movie I did more for my dad. My dad ended up buying 2 copies of the SAKI DVD and it was a lot of fun watching the deleted scenes with the family. As the writer, I encourage all of you to check out the DVD extras because there are even more sub-plots that didn't make it into the theatrical cut of the film. Again thank you and I certainly look forward to sharing my next film with all of you!
www.amazon.com
Saki (Sachiko Kokubu) is not your average art teacher - she handles prison inmates, as well as art students. When Saki's grandfather (Hidetoshi Imura) visits Saki, he also brings trouble, in the form of an evil Yakuza. Saki uses her artistic demons to fight the gangsters and killers who infil...

No comments: