Thursday, September 01, 2005

Dreamcatcher

Couple of dreams to mention. Yesterday I had a dream that I was sleeping in my bunk bed back in our Bayport apartment when we used to live in Garden Grove. Suddenly out my window I hear a whirl of wind and the echo of a voice on a megaphone – a police helicopter making an announcement. I barely comprehended what it was saying until I heard my own name, stating that I was in danger of the IRA (Irish Republican Army) and that I should take that 710 freeway to get to where ever I was going… strange. And then I see a shadow pass by my window. Seconds later the window shatters with a thump ricocheting on a far wall. My instincts tell me to get out of my room and as I sprint down the hallway, a deafening explosion sends debris crashing into my back. Scrambling to the living room I notice that same shadow pass by pale yellow glass of the front door. I grab Mom, who was watching TV in the living room, pulling her through the bedroom to the bathroom and lock the door. Of course the bathroom door is practically cardboard so I know it’ll be only a matter of moments before we’re doomed. I dial 911 on a cell phone and just when it connects something whizzes by shattering the mirror behind me. I duck and yank my Mom down realizing that bullets are perforating the door in a straight line down to where we were huddled. All I could think about was how if we were to have moved over the shower, the tiles would have protected us better from the bullets. Just as the bullets cut downwards through the door toward my head, I woke up.

 

Last night I had a dream about working as a security assistant to a wealthy businessman. When I get fired I’m sent into the streets where there is no order and crime is rampant. In another dream, my mom had received a bear to prepare for dinner and I felt sorry for the beast. The only I could do was give it a swift death before cooking him. Strange but I tell them as I remember them.

No comments: