Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Livescribe 3 vs Note 3

My Livescribe Smartpen is of the old tech world and I passed on the Sky Wifi Smartpen because it wasn't so smart in how it implemented wireless connectivity. I had also bought into the Galaxy Note 2 which completely digitized my note taking (though it was more functional as a Smartphone than a Smartpen). Now the 3rd iteration of the Smartpen is on the horizon and I personally look forward to it because it uses Bluetooth to pair with the single most valuable tech I own, my phone. Writing on paper may sound senseless for an aggressively digital person like myself but paper still represents a wider frame for drawing and I have yet to find an app that integrates audio recording and note taking as neat and efficient as Livescribe has done. 

No comments: