Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Hard to Boil

Trying to get back into the habit of posting regularly. It’s a shame to set a forum up and not use it. Anywho, I’ve been getting into Podcasts lately – it started with Jim Cramer’s Real Money on the radio but his podcast became a more convenient way to catch his show at my leisure. Now I have a list of programs lined up for listening while I work on my 3D animations. Very cool, very informative, very convenient. I came across this interview with “Brick” Director Rian Johnson. “Brick” is very much the film I’ve always wanted to write and direct; a film that pays homage to the greatest of hard boiled fiction writers, Dashiell Hammett. I wouldn’t say this film is for everyone but if you’ve ever read and appreciated Hammett, then “Brick” and the Cohen Bros. “Millers Crossing,” “Blood Simple,” or even “The Big Lebowski” are films to catch (although “The Big Lebowski” is more of a Raymond Chandler inspired film.

Click here to hear the Podcast interview with director Rian Johnson:

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3?http://media.libsyn.com/media/cinecast/rjinterview.mp3

 

Sam

No comments: