Sunday, February 09, 2014

The World's End

I feel the THE WORLD'S END was the ultimate maturation of the Cornetto Trilogy, mostly for the characters and the actors that played them. I liked SHAWN OF THE DEAD but was never crazy about it because I was tuned into more serious zombie fare. HOT FUZZ had more of that something special going for it with many layers of plot and twists on expectations. But it still didn't hit it home for me. But watching THE WORLD'S END, I thorough enjoyed following Simon Pegg and Nick Frost with all their baggage and as if they finally made sense to me. The plot wasn't nearly as sophisticated and the humor wasn't nearly as zany but it all gelled for me to the bitter end. It did remind me of THIS IS THE END but with less d*** references and with a little more sincerity - I really liked both movies. #sse #gnetx

www.amazon.com
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost reteam with director Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) in this wildly entertaining thrill ride that critics call “funny as hell” (Richard Roeper, WLS-AM Chicago) and “sheer comic perfection” (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone).  Twent...


No comments: