Friday, March 09, 2007

BUDDHA AND THE HECKLER - RESPONSE TO A REVIEW OF GUNPLAY

SKYGUY: Who said anything about GUNPLAY being a "gangsta" flick? I said this film was based on the writings of Dashiell Hammett - look it up. It sounded like you had something intelligent to say about some of the shots and editing but then you tripped up on your own ego and I didn't understand the point you were trying to make - were you trying to say that the use of the guns didn't fulfill your expectations of the ending? The ending was suppose to be somewhat comical, if not, unexpected. So let me tell you a story in response to your attitude towards my film and me:

When Buddha was speaking to a group of people one day, a heckler interrupted him with a barrage of disrespectful insults. This continued for days until finally Buddha ask the man a simple question in the form of a short anecdote: If you were to give someone a gift and they were to refuse to accept that gift, then to whom does that gift belong? The heckler responded by saying that the unaccepted gift would belong to the person giving the gift. Then Buddha asked: Then if you were to give me your insults and I were to refuse to accept those insults, then to whom do those insults belong? The heckler could not respond.

Thanks for watching mdduke, and you're right - it should be 1 luv. So BLEEP you and I'll be sure to check your film out  ; )

mdduke | Mar 08, 2007
CUZ this was the worst want to be gangsta flick I have seen in some time. It doesn't look like this is the genre for U, I don't know whether to blame U or the actors for this BLEEP. Any body that knows what a gun is knows that when the barrel is exposed like it was that means the clip is empty. What was the purpose for him taking it out to look at it, was it because U were trying to add suspense? Well let me be the first to tell you all that did was further add to the disappointment of that 5:46 minute waste time. The way you placed all the frames together was not the problem, it was just the concept and story line. Leave the genre to the people that know about gun play CUZ that BLEEP was a motha BLEEPin GUN SHAME. Change the title to "gun lame," it would suit your film better!

1 luv & may God B wit U CUz!

PS if U look at my film U will see doing some comical things with my heater. But best believe I can break that chrome BLEEP down blind folded! The BLEEP I was doing wit my BLEEP was 4 kicks, and not to be taken serious. U need to put your film under comedy CUZ dat BLEEP was a riot!

No comments: