Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Lot Reviews and Responses

SKYGUY: Thanks Kody! I'll be sure to check your film out.

Kody   | Feb 28, 2007
Well done!

please check out my film

http://films.thelot.com/films/30109

__________

SKYGUY: Thanks! The intent was to do the film completely without dialog but a few words got slipped in.

jasmith111   | Feb 28, 2007
some of your camera angles were cool. i liked the editing too. the msuic fit pretty well to the story. i liked that you told the story with limited dialogue. good luck to you.....
http://films.thelot.com/films/8878

__________

SKYGUY: All the elements of hard-boiled fiction were incorporated - the dangerous environment (the dark house), the dedicated investigator (the man in the wrong place at the wrong time), the corrupt authoritarian (the man with the most guns), and the dangerous woman (no need to explain this one).

ladiagonal   | Mar 01, 2007

It's cool, yeah, I like the guys, the face of the protagonist and the girl...yeah!
So good luck for your film!
Demonlater(ladiagonal)
http://films.thelot.com/films/19476

__________

SKYGUY: I'll admit this film is not for everyone but I see you might be a noir fan so I'll check out your film.

Spartan   | Mar 01, 2007

I'm sorry, but I really didn't feel involved when watching this. I didn't care about any of the characters or what their motives were. The camera work wasn't bad, but apart from that I can't think of anything that particularly impressed me.

__________

SKYGUY: A business proposition? You had me at "UNIVERSAL STUDIOS BACKLOT on 35mm film!"

anthonychirco   | Mar 01, 2007
nice!
please come rate mine and I'll come back and do the same for you!
THIS GOES FOR ANYONE, RATE MINE AND I'LL RATE YOURS!
let's support each other!
i shot it on the UNIVERSAL STUDIOS BACKLOT on 35mm film!
it's called "FIGHT!"

http://films.thelot.com/films/14416
grazie!

__________

SKYGUY: Short and sweet - thanks Jamiegirl!

jamiegirl   | Mar 01, 2007

ok, alright!
__________

SKYGUY: Sounds like my kind of entertainment - don't dissappoint!

Eric_Demeusy   | Mar 01, 2007
want to see beasts, horror, and action??
check out my film called "Meat Pie"
tell me what you think.

Eric
__________

SKYGUY: Thank you Actionqueen - to my actors' credit I didn't come on set with a script and simply told them on the spot what the shot was going to be. I ended up rewriting my original conception in my head and didn't even finalize the final showdown until the morning of the 2nd day of production.

Actionqueen   | Mar 02, 2007

Loved your intro. Not sure about the fast motion effects you used in your film. It distracted me. Also some of your actors were not believable enough. Liked some of your shots. They were very intense. Liked the music too but you had too much of that in there. Keep up the good work.

__________

SKYGUY: With a budget I'd be shooting on the moon baby! Thanks for the kind words and hope to bring you more in the future.

Ringo1967   | Mar 02, 2007

This short has all of the pace and timing of a real suspense action film. I can only imagine what Sam can do with a budget! Excellent stuff.

No comments: