Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Lot Review Responses for GUNPLAY

SKYGUY: Wow, I am indebted to your kind words and for taking the time review my film in-depth. It's nice to know I'm doing something right, and I can only hope to continue directing films an electric response of somekind! Thanks again!

ViewMaster   | Mar 02, 2007

This action thriller caught me by surprise.

I was quickly drawn in by the seductive suspense, and clever turns in the plot.

More than once I thought I had comprehended what was happening and able to predict what would happen next. Wrong!

Sam Yano gives a refreshing new life to the action thriller. The excellent music adds to the suspense and subtly leads the viewers.

If you like action thrillers, you'll be watching this film more than once guaranteed. Like the classic movie "Rear Window", it's so well done, you'll watch it again to take in the subtleties, depth and complexity.

__________

SKYGUY: Hammett is the man! What's you're favorite book? Mine is "Red Harvest." The Coen Bros film "Miller's Crossing" was inspired by this Hammett book as well as their 1st film "Blood Simple." In fact I was introduced to Hammett through researching Coen Bros films.

As a fellow Hammett fan I was drawn into the story. I thought there were some really nice-looking shots. At fist I wasn't sure about the whole "speedy" shots, but I think they definately helped pace this short appropriately. You definately have a talent for 3-d effects as well. Keep showing us good things.

If you get a chance take a look at my film. I would like to know your thoughts. It, hopefully, has a noir feel to it, so it may be up your alley.

http://films.thelot.com/films/21974

No comments: