Saturday, March 03, 2007

RESPONSES TO GUNPLAY REVIEWS

SKYGUY: Thanks Silvio. I really enjoyed your film, very funny. Best of luck to you too!

mrsilvio   | Mar 03, 2007

Good job on this, pal... Keep up the good work and all the best!

Silvio Pollio aka GUIDO SUPERSTAR

AND

Writer/Producer/Director of "SHUT UP AND SHOOT!"

Starring: Joe Cortese, Tom Sizemore, Gary Busey, John Savage, James Russo, Roddy Piper, Willie Gault, Daniel Baldwin, Debra Wilson and more!

www.justshootit.com

www.myspace.com/silviopollio

__________

SKYGUY: Thanks moviedirector - out all the films I shot, I like the shots in this one the most. You had me at Lego, I'll check your film out.

moviedirector   | Mar 03, 2007

The opening credits were really cool. There were some really cool shots too. Keepup the good work. Please check out my lego animation http://films.thelot.com/films/16551

__________

SKYGUY: Thanks DGroover2k6! The music was done by the very talented Isaac Agyeman who I met at Cal State Long Beach. Yeah, it's primarily an action piece with very little backstory - I used the Hitchcock convention of the McGuffin (the mystery prize that all the characters want).

DGroover2k6   | Mar 03, 2007

Good action, well staged and cool music! Not much in the story department though.

__________

SKYGUY: Anthony, Anthony, Anthony... What have I ever done to you for you to treat me with such disrespect... John Woo's Hong Kong flicks were a big influence on me stylistically - he really spun Noir in exciting new direction. Thanks for the kind words and thanks for watching - good luck to you.

anthonychirco   | Mar 03, 2007

why would you have john woo in your tags? lol, anyway overall, decent job... good computer graphics, that of course has nothing to do with this competition, but still, good job..
and the intro, with you saying what you told your friend once..what's that all about? just speak straight to the audience!
the beginning kinda confused me, if you're not going to put dialogue just try to make it a little more obvious. keep it up and just spend more time on your next project

__________

SKYGUY: Aren't you just super duper cute! Thanks for watching and thanks for the film recommendations!

SuperDuperKitty | Mar 03, 2007

OMG people check it out

__________

SKYGUY: Thanks BattleSpartan. I dig the style of your film - your method (or lack there of) fascinates me.

BattleSpartan | Mar 03, 2007

interesting I like it

__________

SKYGUY: Thanks for noticing ozan. I shot GUNPLAY on a Canon XL1, chopped it in Avid, processed the color corrections and effects in After Effects with 3D elements rendered from Lightwave 3D and smoke elements from Particle Illusion. Thanks for the compliments and I'll be sure to check your film out.

ozan | Mar 03, 2007

dude, i totally diggid this! Loooked great! love the camera work wat did u film it on?
Check out my low budget, MILLION DOLLAR looking, ONe man show, SPECTACULAR mini short film!

METH - http://films.thelot.com/films/17855

__________

SKYGUY: Thanks! I'll be sure to drop by your film.

yaffe4663 | Mar 03, 2007

Nice!

http://films.thelot.com/films/3607

Avihai

No comments: